Golang and Python’s popularity is growing like a wildfire in the web development world. Some experts suggest Python over Go and some vice-versa. But if you are unsure about it, then let us help you with an in-depth comparison between Python and Go. Moreover, through this article, we will help you understand which language is better to learn for better career prospects. So let’s go right into it!
Golang is a great language for API development. Its supportive design is well-suited for small and functional microservices. In addition, it is similar to ‘C’ which adds the extra benefits of next-gen features such as memory management, garbage collection, and structural typing.
Features of Golang
- Readability and Maintainability: Golang is well-known for its simplicity. That is, it prioritizes important code and avoids unnecessary complexities. This simplicity feature is a bonus for beginners to gain expertise.
- Robust Standard Library: With an extensive set of library packages, Golang offers an easy coding experience.
- Multi-processor Architecture: Concurrent tools offer Goroutines and channels to manage multi-processor architecture. The multi-architecture feature enhances the scalability and reliability of large-scale applications.
- Agile Execution: The simple and straightforward built of Golang helps in agile execution during web application development. Developers can easily access numerous tutorials from the internet and get started within weeks.
- Test-go Support: It simplifies testing of the package by writing the go-test command in the code. It plays a crucial role in ensuring the program’s stability.
- Fast Compilation: Golang is designed with the compiler focused on speed due to which it can achieve significant speed as compared to other languages.
Don't miss out on your chance to work with the best
apply for top global job opportunities today!
Python is a general-purpose language, meaning it has numerous uses and is significant adopted in developing web applications to machine learning AI. It is the most popular and desirable language in today’s age.
Features of Python
- Code Easiness: Python’s extensive resources, simplicity, and readability makes it easy to learn and code language.
- Cost Effective: It is a free open-source language which means it is easily accessible to anyone and allows downloading and usage.
- Object-Oriented Language (OOP) Modal: Python uses the concepts of OOP class, objects, abstraction, and encapsulation techniques that make code efficient, secure, and easily manageable.
- Interpreted Language: Codes in Python run by line at a time and don’t require a compilation, which in return simplifies the debugging process.
- Portable Language: Python can run on various platforms such as MAC, Linux, Windows, and Unix. Developers can also leverage Python code in C and C++ language.
Difference between Python and Go
|Statically typed compiled language||Dynamically typed language|
|Faster compared to Python||Slower as compared to Go|
|Built-in concurrent mechanism||No concurrent mechanism support|
|Go provides decent security||Provides a layer of security|
|Best for system programming||Best for data science|
|Easy to create complicated systems||Challenging to build complex systems|
|Relatively easy and simple syntax||Easy and simple syntax|
So Which One Is Better?
If you take productivity into consideration, then unquestionably, Go is an excellent choice. With the limited syntax and lightweight libraries, it can speed up the development process. On the other hand, Python has limitations because of its huge libraries and extensive syntax. Thus, Golang takes the spot of being a versatile and simpler language.
If you take machine learning into consideration, then Python is the most common choice. It is home to a deep learning framework, where algorithms, data structure, and pseudo code are frequently used. Here, pseudo-code is a boon for novices as it makes learning simple and easy. Now let’s have a look at the comparison table to know more about these two languages.
Language Comparisons between Go and Python
|Language Difference||Procedural language with concurrent programming support||High-end object-oriented programming language|
|Exceptions||Does not support||Supports|
|Class and Object||Doesn’t support||Supports|
|Inheritance||Does not support||Supports|
|Interface||Supports||Does not support|
|Compiler/Interpreter||Its compiler based||Its interpreter based|
|Built-in concurrency mechanism||Yes comes with it||No, it does not come with it|
|Best for building||System Programming||Computing and data analysis|
|Similarities||User-friendly and readability||User-friendly and readability|
|Best for||Small-scale project||Large projects|
|Deployment Speed||Takes longer to deploy||Less time to deploy|
|Mostly Used By||System administration and security professional||Developers and programmers|
|Execution Speed||40 times more than Python||Falls short|
|Entry-level Salary||Go developers can make up to $119,639 – $165,750||Python developers can make up to $97,500-$150,150|
Python vs. Go: Which language is worth learning in 2023?
If you look in terms of career, then Python and Go open up the path for lucrative job opportunities. Considering the career prospects, here’s the breakdown:
In-demand: Both of these languages are in high demand for web development, machine learning, network programming, cloud computing, data analysis, and system-level deployment. So, once you get good hands-on experience with either of these two, it’s highly likely to get placed in a good organization and enjoy lucrative salaries.
Wide range of Job Roles: By learning these languages, there are possibilities for you to be placed in a good company for the following positions:
- Data scientist
- Backend developer
- Game developer
- Network Engineer
- Machine learning engineer
- Web developer
- And automation engineer
- DevOps engineer
- Cloud engineer
- System programmer
- Network engineer
- Microservices developer
Take control of your career and land your dream job
sign up with us now and start applying for the best opportunities!
Python and Go are widely renowned for their simplicity and share their benefits that greatly reduce developers’ tasks. Choosing from these two can vary on factors like program effectiveness and maintenance. If your main goal is to develop the tool without compromising scalability and speed, then Go would make the ideal choice for you. But if you focus on generating scripts and tools that effectively run readability across teams, then Python is an excellent choice.
Python and Go are both equally popular in 2023. So, whatever you choose between these two, you will land up in a good company with a decent compensation. However, your passion and drive to work with cutting-edge technologies and learn new things will skyrocket your career. So, if AI and machine learning is your interest, then choose Python without any doubt. If you are keen to develop websites and mobile applications then try your luck with Go tricks. If you are looking for jobs as a Python or Golang developer, then don’t waste even a single minute and sign up with Olibr now!
Absolutely! There are many free resources available on the internet. Learning Python does not take much time but you have to keep on practicing and apply it in real-life scenarios.
Python’s difficulty level is relatively low compared to other programming languages. It is simple and great starting point for beginners.
No exactly, Python is known for its versatility and use in various fields while it’s true that it can be used for mathematical and scientific application. But many of the core concepts and programming do not require advanced skills.
Python 3 is recommended for beginners, it has come up with better improvements in syntax and Unicode supported. So you can easily get the expertise on it.
Yes, its simple and concise syntax makes the learning way easier than you have thought.
If you have expertise in any of the programming languages, learning Golang will be just a matter of weeks.