According to a recent a survey conducted by Buffer, 91 percent of professionals reported a positive experience working in a remote environment, indicating a growing acceptance of remote work model. In light of this trend, we have compiled a list of reputable and secure remote job platforms to help you find the best remote opportunities available.
Where to Search for Remote Jobs?
Comparison Between Companies Offering Remote Jobs
|Platform||Access to Active Jobs||Job Security||Full-time Enagagements||Exclusively for Developers||Vetted Developers|
Best Platforms to Search for Remote Jobs
Olibr offers full-time onsite and offsite software job opportunities to seasoned developers with top global companies. Olibr ensures job security and stability.
- Olibr is the top onsite and remote job platform designed exclusively for software engineers and developers.
- It offers job opportunities with Fortune 500 companies, tech unicorns, and promising start-ups depending on developers’ experiences and skills.
- Developers can sign up for free with Olibr and get access to top companies looking to recruit top talent.
- Developers have the option to share endorsements from their former managers and companies.
- Olibr has a thorough vetting process.
- Developers can post their introduction videos on their Olibr profile. This can significantly increase their visibility to top companies.
- The platform provides long-term full-time engagements that guarantee job security and income stability.
- Developers are pre-vetted once and job ready for a lifetime.
- There are no deal breakers for Olibr.
Free for developers.
Also Read: How to Apply for Remote Jobs?
Toptal connects businesses with freelance professionals, including developers, designers, and project managers. It's known for its rigorous vetting process, ensuring that clients can access highly skilled and trusted talent for their projects.
- They have a thorough vetting process.
- Toptal developers charge somewhere between $90–$170/hour.
- Toptal offers short-term gigs which may not be conducive to income stability.
- It is not an exclusive platform for developers and software engineers.
- Toptal is known to hindered freelancer-client relationships by limiting information sharing, abruptly pausing contracts, etc.
- No job security. As per one of the freelancers, the management is chaotic, leading to constant hiring and firing of people and resulting in significant team fluctuation. Source: Glassdoor
- The provided clients can be inconsistent and sketchy.
- No paid vacations or any benefits other than your salary.
Toptal charges freelancers a fee for each job they fill.
Turing is a platform that connects businesses with remote software developers and other technology professionals from around the world.
- Turing pays developers their complete compensation in full, without deducting any taxes.
- Turing provides flexible work hours.
- The average Turing salary ranges from approximately $94,028 per year for a front-end developer to $129,246 per year for a software engineer.
- Developer has to go through a thorough vetting process.
- Regular layoffs lead to distrust among employees.
- Salaries for the same role vary greatly.
- No bonuses.
- Turing doesn’t provide any necessary work equipment to their remote employees.
- No job security.
Turing doesn't charge their developers.
Andela is a technology company that specializes in software development outsourcing, talent management, and training services.
- Andela has a thorough vetting process.
- Provides additional benefits and perks apart from salary.
- Offers flexible work hours.
- Contracts can be terminated and the chances of getting another job within Andela are extremely slim.
- No paid leaves.
- No job stability as their client terminate contract without any prior notice.
- Compensation still below current standard rates offered by other job platforms.
- Sudden layoffs.
Free for developers to use.
FlexJobs is an online job search platform that specializes in listing remote and flexible job opportunities across various industries.
- Listings are manually reviewed to weed out scams.
- Search and filter features help you find the specific type of remote job you are seeking.
- FlexJobs provides job seekers with advanced search tools such as job alerts, saved job searches, and personalized job recommendations to find the right job more efficiently.
- As per one of the employees, the pay is awful. Even if you’re happy with your starting pay, you should be prepared to stay at that rate for a very long time.
- Small company with limited growth opportunities.
- No transparency.
- Incompetent senior level staff.
- No opportunities for growth and development.
- Not an IT specific remote job platform.
- It is a paid remote job platform.
Source: FlexJobs Reviews | Glassdoor
- One week membership: $9.95 per week
- One month membership: $24.95 per month
- Three month membership: $39.95 (works out to $13.32 per month)
- Annual membership: $59.95 (works out to $4.99 per month)
LinkedIn is a social networking platform designed for professionals to connect with each other and build their careers.
- The job search feature enables job seekers to filter job postings tailored to remote work.
- Job seekers can highlight their remote work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Professionals can track companies that provide remote work options and receive updates on their job postings.
- Specific groups for your job industry and remote jobs enable networking and information on job openings.
- You can directly contact recruiters or hiring managers through the messaging feature.
- The platform carries inherent privacy risks for job seekers who share personal information while searching for remote job opportunities online.
- As it's an open platform, there's a high risk of encountering job scams or fraudulent postings that could exploit job seekers by requesting personal information or payment.
- No standardized pay scale.
Free for basic account. Charges apply for Premium account which is:
- Premium Career: $29.99/month
Finding authentic remote job opportunities can be a daunting task if you don’t apply through the right remote jobs platforms. Nevertheless, the list presented above can aid you in making the right decision. Don’t wait any longer – if you’re a skilled developer confident of passing our skill test, then sign up with us today!