Laravel helps create effective web applications, irrespective of whether it is a simple website or a full social network. Laravel can be a great choice to build robust back-ends for their web solutions.
In this article, we’ll explore why using Laravel is beneficial, what developers can create with it, and when it’s the right choice for your project.
What is Laravel?
Laravel is a PHP web framework that is available for free. It is an open-source framework created by Taylor Otwell. It is also intended for the development of web applications following the model–view–controller architectural pattern and based on Symfony.
Don't miss out on your chance to work with the best!
Apply for top job opportunities today!
What is Laravel used for?
Laravel is is mainly used to develop websites and web applications. It also provides various tools and features that simplify and speed up the web development process. Here’s what Laravel is commonly used for:
- Building custom websites and web applications
- Creating static as well as dynamic web pages
- Developing single page applications (SPAs) and multi-page applications (MPAs)
- Building customized e-Commerce websites
- Developing small scale as well as enterprise-level applications;
- Creating portal web apps, such as job portals, forums, news, and others
- Building robust content management systems
- Developer social networking sites
Why Laravel Is Popular in 2023?
Laravel has been a favorite among developers for more than 10 years. It has also managed to remain the top PHP framework hitherto. In a Stack Overflow survey, 51.4% of developers preferred Laravel. JetBrains also ranks Laravel among the top three PHP frameworks, with half of PHP developers using it.
Over the years, Laravel has gained immense popularity due to certain specifications that include:
- Makes Code Easier: Laravel simplifies PHP development with its elegant syntax and built-in features like routing, templating, and authentication. This, thus, reduces the need for repetitive tasks and speeding up development.
- Open Source: Laravel is an open-source framework. It is thus continually improved by a community of developers. Consequently, this ensures it remains current, secure with with a variety of new features.
- Modular Approach: Laravel follows a modular approach thus allowing developers to use components such as Eloquent ORM, Blade templating engine, and authentication system independently. This makes it flexible and adaptable to various project requirements.
- Object-Oriented Libraries: Laravel has a set of well-structured, object-oriented libraries. It, thus, makes it easier to develop scalable and robust applications. Furthermore, these libraries also take care of common tasks such as database interactions and form validation.
- Faster Time to Market: Laravel speeds up development. Thanks to its extensive set of pre-built components. Developers can also build unique features instead of reinventing the wheel. This results in a shorter time to market.
- Vast Community Support: Laravel has a vast and active community of developers. This means you get exclusive access to tutorials, packages, and expert support . Consequently, this helps developers to troubleshoot issues and stay on top of the issues utilizing best practices.
- Routing System: Laravel has a sturdy routing system which make URL routing easy. It offers intuitive methods for defining routes. This, thus, makes it easy to create clean and SEO-friendly URLs for your application.
Take control of your career and land your dream job!
Sign up and start applying to the best opportunities!
Websites built using Laravel Framework
Around 7,000 businesses made use of Laravel to develop their websites. It also powers around 170,000 websites. Top companies such as 9GAG, Pfizer, BBC, and others make use of Laravel for their web applications. They have made use of this framework across industries like IT, finance, travel, entertainment, and retail.
Here are some more examples of websites and platforms that have been built using the Laravel framework:
Laravel is a robust and powerful framework that is perfect for building web apps. From simple sites to enterprise solutions, Laravel can help you develop it. It offers tools that streamlines and automates development tasks, which in turn, saves time and effort. So, if you’re looking to create a stable web app, hiring a Laravel developer can be your best bet. If you are looking to hire a Laravel developer who can help you build your dream website, sign up with Olibr now!
Laravel uses the PHP programming language.
Yes, Laravel does require coding. It is a web application framework that provides tools and structure to make web development faster and easier, but you still need to write code to create your web applications using Laravel. The framework offers pre-built components and features that you can use, but you’ll need to write code to customize and build your specific application functionality.
Laravel is steadily emerging as a prominent selection among widely used web development frameworks. Laravel provides a robust foundation for crafting multilingual websites, aligning with the current demand.
Laravel is like a toolbox for building websites and other online stuff. It uses PHP, a programming language, to help create these things. The way Laravel organizes things makes it easier for developers to build strong and expandable software faster.