The world of technology is rapidly evolving, and there are several new trends to watch out for. With the ever-increasing demand for innovation, businesses are continuously exploring new ways to stay ahead of the curve and meet the evolving needs of consumers. From Artificial Intelligence to Blockchain, advancements in technology are revolutionizing the way we live, work, and interact with the world around us. In this article, we will explore the top new technology trends to look forward to in 2023 and the career opportunities they offer.
Don't miss out on your chance to work with the best
apply for top global job opportunities today!
Here are the top 11 new technology trends
1. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence has been making significant strides in recent years. Moreover, 2023 is poised to be a watershed moment for this technology. AI-powered systems will become even more sophisticated, enabling machines to perform tasks that were once thought impossible. From self-driving cars to intelligent assistants, AI will continue to transform how we interact with the world around us.
Here are some job openings in AI/ML in the US along with their salary ranges
- Data Scientist: $80,000 – $200,000 per year
- Machine Learning Engineer: $90,000 – $220,000 per year
- AI Research Scientist: $100,000 – $300,000 per year
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer: $100,000 – $220,000 per year
- Computer Vision Engineer: $100,000 – $250,000 per year
- AI Product Manager: $120,000 – $250,000 per year
- Deep Learning Engineer: $120,000 – $250,000 per year
- AI Ethics Researcher: $100,000 – $250,000 per year
- AI/ML Solutions Architect: $130,000 – $250,000 per year
- AI/ML Consultant: $150,000 – $300,000 per year
2. Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a technology that uses software robots or bots to automate repetitive, mundane, and rule-based tasks. RPA bots can mimic human actions such as logging into applications, entering data, and completing forms. It is widely used in industries such as finance, healthcare, and manufacturing to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Robotic Process Automation is an emerging technology that is quickly gaining ground and automating various jobs in numerous industries. According to McKinsey’s analysis, less than 5% of jobs are fully automatable currently, while nearly 60% can be partially automated.
Here are some examples of popular RPA job openings in the US and their corresponding salary ranges:
- RPA Developer – Salary range: $70,000 – $120,000 per year
- RPA Analyst – Salary range: $60,000 – $100,000 per year
- RPA Architect – Salary range: $100,000 – $150,000 per year
- RPA Consultant – Salary range: $80,000 – $130,000 per year
- RPA Project Manager – Salary range: $90,000 – $150,000 per year
3. Edge Computing
Edge computing is a type of technology that allows data processing and storage to occur closer to the devices and sensors that generate the data, rather than relying on a centralized data center. This can help reduce latency and improve the real-time processing of data, which is important for applications such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and autonomous vehicles. The goal of edge computing is to improve efficiency and reduce the amount of data that needs to be transmitted over networks to centralized data centers for processing. By 2025, it is projected that 75% of data will originate from locations outside of central data centers where most data processing occurs presently.
Some of the most popular job openings in Edge Computing in the US, along with their salary ranges, are
- Edge Computing Engineer – Salary range: $80,000 – $150,000
- Edge Computing Architect – Salary range: $120,000 – $200,000
- Edge Computing Developer – Salary range: $90,000 – $140,000
- Edge Computing Operations Manager – Salary range: $100,000 – $180,000
- Edge Computing Product Manager – Salary range: $120,000 – $200,000
4. Quantum Computing
Quantum computing uses the principles of quantum physics to perform complex calculations much faster than traditional computers. By using quantum bits (qubits) that can exist in multiple states at the same time, quantum computers can solve problems that would take classical computers thousands of years to solve. Quantum computing is expected to revolutionize the computing industry by providing a significant boost in computational power. This technology will have a major impact on industries like healthcare, finance, and logistics. The revenue for the Quantum Computing market is projected to cross $2.5 billion by 2029.
Some of the most popular job openings in quantum computing in the US, along with their salary ranges, are:
- Quantum Software Developer – Salary range: $80,000 – $150,000
- Quantum Hardware Engineer – Salary range: $100,000 – $180,000
- Quantum Information Scientist – Salary range: $120,000 – $200,000
- Quantum Algorithm Researcher – Salary range: $120,000 – $250,000
- Quantum Applications Engineer – Salary range: $100,000 – $180,000
5. Augmented Reality (AR)
Augmented reality (AR) is a technology that overlays digital information onto the physical world in real-time, enhancing the user’s perception of reality. According to MarketsandMarkets, the global market size of AR is projected to grow from $15.3 billion in 2020 to $72.7 billion by 2024.
Here are some popular job openings in Augmented Reality (AR) in the US with their corresponding salary ranges:
- AR/VR Software Engineer: $80,000 – $150,000 per year
- AR/VR UX Designer: $70,000 – $120,000 per year
- AR/VR Unity Developer: $75,000 – $140,000 per year
- AR/VR Technical Artist: $85,000 – $150,000 per year
- AR/VR Project Manager: $90,000 – $160,000 per year
Take control of your career and land your dream job
sign up with us now and start applying for the best opportunities!
Blockchain technology is a decentralized, distributed ledger that is used to record transactions across many computers in a way that is secure, transparent, and immutable. It allows for the creation of tamper-proof digital records that can be used for a variety of applications such as cryptocurrency, supply chain management, and digital identity verification. According to MarketsandMarkets, the global blockchain market size is expected to reach $39.7 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 67.3% from 2020 to 2025.
Job Opportunities in Blockchain in US with their average salary ranges:
- Blockchain Developer – $80,000 – $220,000
- Blockchain Engineer – $90,000 – $200,000
- Blockchain Architect – $120,000 – $250,000
- Blockchain Product Manager – $100,000 – $200,000
- Blockchain Solutions Architect – $130,000 – $220,000
- Blockchain Analyst – $60,000 – $120,000
- Blockchain Marketing Manager – $90,000 – $180,000
7. 5G Technology
5G technology refers to the fifth generation of wireless networking technology. The main advantages of 5G technology are its high data transfer speeds, which can reach up to 20 gigabits per second, and its low latency, which is the time it takes for devices to communicate with each other.
Some of the most popular job openings in 5G technology in the US, along with their salary ranges, are:
- 5G Network Engineer – Salary range: $80,000 – $150,000
- 5G Wireless System Architect – Salary range: $120,000 – $200,000
- 5G Software Developer – Salary range: $90,000 – $140,000
- 5G Product Manager – Salary range: $120,000 – $200,000
- 5G Security Engineer – Salary range: $100,000 – $180,000
8. Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is a technology that enables the delivery of computing resources, such as servers, storage, applications, and services, over the internet. Instead of having to own and maintain physical hardware and software on-premises, businesses and individuals can use cloud computing to access resources on demand from a remote server, owned and managed by a cloud service provider. According to Synergy Research Group, the cloud computing industry is expected to reach $1 trillion by 2024.
Here are some of the most popular job openings in cloud computing in the US, along with their salary ranges:
- Cloud Solutions Architect: Salary ranges from $120,000 to $180,000 per year.
- Cloud Security Architect: Salary ranges from $125,000 to $175,000 per year.
- Cloud Engineer: $100,000 to $150,000 per year.
- Cloud Developer: Salary ranges from $90,000 to $140,000 per year.
- Cloud Administrator: Salary ranges from $80,000 to $120,000 per year.
9. Internet of Behavior (IoB)
IoB is a new technology trend emerged in 2023, combining data from the IoT, AI, and big data analytics to understand and influence human behavior. This technology will have implications for industries like healthcare, marketing, and security. By 2025, it is estimated that there will be 55 billion IoT devices, many of which will be used for collecting data for IoB applications. (Source: IoT Analytics)
Here are some popular job openings in IoB in the US along with their average salary ranges:
- Data Analyst: Average salary range: $50,000 to $90,000 per year.
- Data Scientist: Average salary range: $80,000 to $150,000 per year.
- Behavioral Scientist: Average salary range: $ $45,667 to $120,000 per year.
- UX Designer: Average salary range: $70,000 to $120,000 per year.
- IoT Security Specialist: Average salary range: $90,000 to $150,000 per year.
As data is becoming increasingly valuable, the demand for cybersecurity professionals is growing rapidly. The International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that global expenditure on security solutions and services will reach $219 billion by 2023, marking a 12.1% increase from the previous year. This growth is expected to be driven by the rising frequency and severity of cyber threats across various industries.
Some popular job openings in cloud computing and their salary ranges include:
- Cloud Solutions Architect: Salary range: $120,000 to $180,000 per year002E
- Cloud Security Engineer: Salary range $110,000 to $170,000 per year.
- Cloud DevOps Engineer: Salary range $100,000 to $160,000 per year.
- Cloud Software Engineer: Salary range $90,000 to $150,000 per year.
- Cloud Data Engineer: Salary range $100,000 to $160,000 per year.
11. Autonomous Vehicles
Autonomous vehicles, also known as self-driving cars or driverless cars, are vehicles that can navigate roads and make decisions without human input. Tesla is one of the most well-known companies working on autonomous vehicles. The company has been developing self-driving technology for several years and has made significant progress in this area. Waymo, the autonomous vehicle subsidiary of Alphabet (Google’s parent company), reached 1 million miles of public autonomous driving with no human monitor in the vehicle. The global autonomous vehicle market size is projected to reach $556.67 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 39.47% from 2021 to 2026. (Source: MarketsandMarkets)
In the years ahead, these new technologies are poised to have a profound impact. With the potential for exciting and rewarding career opportunities, it’s wise to consider training in one or more of these cutting-edge technologies that align with your personal goals. By taking early action to develop your skills, you can position yourself as an early adopter of these technologies and gain a competitive edge in the job market. Don’t wait – take the first step towards embracing these technological advancements today. Sign up with Olibr now!